This page includes new features and improvements to the Airbyte Cloud and Airbyte Open Source platforms.
- Added multi-region Cloud architecture, which allows for better data protection and for Airbyte Cloud to launch in Europe.
- Added the low-code connector builder UI to Airbyte Open Source. Run Airbyte v0.40.19 or higher and visit
localhost:8000/connector-builderto start building low-code connectors.
- Added a Helm chart for deploying
airbyte-cron. New installations of Airbyte Open Source will now deploy
airbyte-cronby default. To disable cron, use
--set cron.enabled=falsewhen running a
helm install. #18542
- Added a progress bar estimate to syncs in Airbyte Cloud. #19814
- Improved the Airbyte Protocol by introducing Airbyte Protocol v1 #19846, which defines a set of well-known data types. #17486
- These replace existing JSON Schema primitive types.
- They provide out-of-the-box validation and enforce specific formatting on some data types, like timestamps.
- Non-primitive types, like
oneOf, still use raw JSON Schema types.
- These well-known types mostly correspond with the existing Airbyte data types, aside from a few differences:
BinaryDatais the only new type, which is used in places that previously produced a
TimeWithoutTimezonehave been in use for some time, so we made them official.
big_numbertypes have been retired because they were not being used.