The LinkedIn Pages source only supports Full Refresh for now. Incremental Sync will be coming soon.
This Source is capable of syncing the following data as streams:
- Organization Lookup
- Follower Statistics
- Page Statistics
- Share Statistics
- Shares (Latest 50)
- Total Follower Count
- UGC Posts
All streams only sync all-time statistics at this time. A
start_date field will be added soon to pull data starting at a single point in time.
Data type mapping
|Integration Type||Airbyte Type||Notes|
|Full Refresh Overwrite Sync||Yes|
|Full Refresh Append Sync||No|
|Incremental - Append Sync||No|
|Incremental - Append + Deduplication Sync||No|
There are official Rate Limits for LinkedIn Pages API Usage, more information here. Rate limited requests will receive a 429 response. Rate limits specify the maximum number of API calls that can be made in a 24 hour period. These limits reset at midnight UTC every day. In rare cases, LinkedIn may also return a 429 response as part of infrastructure protection. API service will return to normal automatically. In such cases you will receive the next error message:
"Caught retryable error '<some_error> or null' after <some_number> tries. Waiting <some_number> seconds then retrying..."
This is expected when the connector hits the 429 - Rate Limit Exceeded HTTP Error. If the maximum of available API requests capacity is reached, you will have the following message:
"Max try rate limit exceded..."
After 5 unsuccessful attempts - the connector will stop the sync operation. In such cases check your Rate Limits on this page > Choose your app > Analytics.
The API user account should be assigned the following permissions for the API endpoints:
Endpoints such as:
Organization Lookup API,
UGC Posts require these permissions:
r_organization_social: Retrieve your organization's posts, comments, reactions, and other engagement data.
rw_organization_admin: Manage your organization's pages and retrieve reporting data.
The API user account should be assigned the
There are 2 authentication methods: Access Token or OAuth2.0. OAuth2.0 is recommended since it will continue streaming data for 12 months instead of 2 months with an access token.
The source LinkedIn Pages can use either the
refresh_token for OAuth2.0 authentication or simply use an
access_token in the UI connector's settings to make API requests. Access tokens expire after
2 months from creation date (60 days) and require a user to manually authenticate again. Refresh tokens expire after
12 months from creation date (365 days). If you receive a
401 invalid token response, the error logs will state that your token has expired and to re-authenticate your connection to generate a new token. This is described more here.
Log in to LinkedIn as the API user
Create an App here:
App Name: airbyte-source
Company: search and find your LinkedIn Company Page
Business email: developer/admin email address
App logo: Airbyte's (or Company's) logo
- Review/agree to legal terms and create app
- Review the Auth tab:
- Save your
client_secret(for later steps)
- Oauth 2.0 settings: Provide a
redirect_uri(for later steps):
- Save your
- In the Settings tab of your app dashboard, you'll see a Verify button. Click that button!
- Generate and provide the verify URL to your Company's LinkedIn Admin to verify the app.
Request API Access:
- Navigate to the Products tab
- Select the Marketing Developer Platform and agree to the legal terms
- After a few minutes, refresh the page to see a link to
View access formin place of the Select button
- Fill out the access form and access should be granted within 72 hours (usually quicker)
Create A Refresh Token (or Access Token):
- Navigate to the LinkedIn Developers' OAuth Token Tools and click Create token
- Select your newly created app and check the boxes for the following scopes:
- Click Request access token and once generated, save your Refresh token
refresh_tokenfrom Steps 2 and 5 to autorize the LinkedIn Pages connector within the Airbyte UI.
- As mentioned earlier, you can also simply use the Access token auth method for 60-day access.