Google Analytics (v4)
This page guides you through the process of setting up the Google Analytics source connector.
This connector supports Google Analytics v4.
- JSON credentials for the service account that has access to Google Analytics. For more details check (instructions)[https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702#zippy=%2Cin-this-article]
- Property ID
- Report name
- List of report dimensions comma separated
- List of report metrics comma separated
- Report start date
- Report end date
Step 1: Set up Source
Create a Service Account
First, you need to select existing or create a new project in the Google Developers Console:
- Sign in to the Google Account you are using for Google Analytics as an admin.
- Go to the Service accounts page.
Create service account.
- Create a JSON key file for the service user. The contents of this file will be provided as the
credentials_jsonin the UI when authorizing GA after you grant permissions (see below).
Add service account to the Google Analytics account
Enable the APIs
- Go to the Google Analytics Reporting API dashboard in the project for your service user. Enable the API for your account. You can set quotas and check usage.
- Go to the Google Analytics API dashboard in the project for your service user. Enable the API for your account.
Specify the Property ID as set (here)[https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/a54907729p153687530/admin/property/settings]
Step 2: Set up the source connector in Airbyte
Set the required fields in the Google Analytics Data API connector page such as the JSON credentials, property ID, report name, dimensions, metrics and start and end dates.
Supported sync modes
The Google Analytics source connector supports the following sync modes:
- Full Refresh
Rate Limits & Performance Considerations (Airbyte Open-Source)
- Number of requests per day per project: 50,000
The reports are custom by setting the dimensions and metrics required. To support Incremental sync, the
date dimension is
added by default to any report and no need to add it as a dimension. There is only 1 connector per report. To add more reports, you need to create
a new connection.
|0.1.0||2022-05-09||12701||Introduce Google Analytics Data API source|